Sacred Heart Primary School is a two form-entry primary school in Tipton for children from 3 to 11 years of age.
Our vision is to develop young people who will have active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and compassion for others, and the courage to act on their beliefs. We stress the total development of each child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional, cultural and physical. We are a richly diverse community, and pride ourselves on our highly inclusive practice, endorsed by achieving the Sandwell Inclusion Quality Mark for the second time at the highest level (Enhanced level).
The Governors at Sacred Heart Primary School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Practitioner to join our Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting learning & development throughout the school. We are looking for the successful candidate to:
• Have proven effective classroom practice throughout Primary School children.
• Be a professional who enjoys motivating and exciting children about learning.
• Work effectively as part of a team.
• Experience with working with children who have Autism, ADHD, and Global Development Delay.
• Have experience with SEN pupils.
• Have experience of working with challenging behaviour.
• Have a calm, nurturing approach when dealing with behaviour management.
• Preferably, to have experience in delivering early phonics or language programmes.
• Have good working practice of parental engagement.
• Autism experience • Speech and Language experience
• Working 1:1
• Good behaviour management and experience of challenging behaviour
• Experience in using PECS, Makaton and with challenging behaviour.
Sacred Heart Primary School always welcomes visits.
Please contact Mrs Elwart, the Office Manager for further information: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or call - 0121 557 1511.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake all relevant safeguarding checks.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is eligible for an enhanced DBS check including a Children's Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
Completed application forms should be sent directly to the school, via email email@example.com or by post (address below)
If you have provided an email address, correspondence will be sent via e-mail.
Successful applicants will be contacted with an interview date. If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox in case any correspondence has been delivered there.
An online search will be undertaken on all shortlisted candidates. This search does not form part of the shortlisting process and you will have the opportunity to discuss any issues of concern that may arise from this search at the interview.
Hours: Full time, 32.5 Hours
Grade: Grade D, SCP 9-17 (£23,194 - £26,845 p.a), Actual Salary £18,179 - £21,585 p.a.
Location: Sacred Heart Primary School, Sedgley Road East, Tipton, DY4 8UH
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
Interview Date: Week Commencing 18th December 2023