Situated in North Worcestershire, Redditch Borough Council shares services with its neighbouring authority of Bromsgrove. The Councils are committed to being a customer driven organisation, with our customers at the heart of everything we do; focused on improving on delivering services that make a different to the community that we serve.
Monitoring Centre Operator
Vacancy 1 - 34 Hours per week (average over year)
Shift Pattern - Day 1&2 7am - 3pm, Day 3&4 3pm - 11pm, Day 5 & 6 11pm - 7am, Days7,8,9,&10 Off
Vacancy 2 - 24 Hours per week (average over the year)
Selecting from a range of 6 and 8 hour shifts, covering annual leave and sickness. Includes days, evenings, nights, and weekend work.
Are you calm in a crisis? Would you take control in an emergency situation? Could you deal with a range of emergency calls, enquiries and requests?
You will be required to monitor CCTV, support service users using Technology Enabled Care (TEC) and answer telephone calls from residents for Out of Hours Services we provide.
Full training on all systems and procedures is part of the in-depth induction to this role.
The position will be based within our 24-hour Monitoring Centre at Redditch Town Hall.
If you’d like to work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, where no two days are the same, then this is the team for you!
As a Monitoring Centre Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Answering emergency Lifeline calls, helping people to live their lives independently.
- Taking calls in relation to Councils’ emergency services and housing repairs when their offices have closed and liaising with on call operatives.
- Monitoring CCTV within North Worcestershire and reporting incidents to the Police.
- Prioritising your workload.
- Attending our Disaster Recovery Site in Bromsgrove when required.
If you are applying for our Relef Team Position you will need to be flexible and available for covering shifts as they become available, sometimes at short notice. However, most shift allocation is with at least 4 weeks notice and cover a wide range of available shifts.
Skills & experience
As a Monitoring Centre Operator you will have the following:
- Experience of working over telephone to obtain information suitable to assess a situation.
- Experience of handling difficult people or stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Technolgy Enabled Care.
- Experience of using CCTV, producing evidence, and knowledge of principal legislation behind it.
- Experience of instantly assessing and prioritising demands.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- To hold or be willing to train to become SIA licensed in CCTV operations. This includes a DBS check.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/C or above (or proof of the ability to perform at this level).
Job Specific Skills, Behaviours and Personal Attributes:
- Administrative skills - ability to maintain electronic records, write reports using correct grammar, accurately log incidents, file documents and paperwork.
- Look up information, apply instructions and follow procedures.
- Computer literate – proficient in word, excel and outlook applications.
- Able to make sense of visual information, assimilating facts, events and colours quickly.
- Ability to empathise with vulnerable people, communicate instructions clearly and offer appropriate assistance.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as a member of a team.
We offer our staff a range of benefits including pension, generous leave entitlements, regular (optional) overtime and access to employee benefits platform.
Next steps – Need further information? please contact Rachel Nicholls (recruiting manager) email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you are interested in applying please use the 'Apply Now' button
Closing Date for completed applications: Sunday 3rd December 2023.
Interview date: W/C 11th December 2023
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For a full list of our current vacancies why not visit our WM Jobs Recruiter Page.
Monitoring Centre Operator JD - July 2022.doc