Job Title: Rough Sleeper Outreach Worker
Salary: HC07 £29,777 to £33,945 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term
Contract end: 31/03/2025
Closing date: 22/11/2023
An exciting Housing opportunity has arisen to join our successful and highly regarded Rough Sleeper Outreach Team, which is part of the wider Housing Solutions Service.
Are you a forward looking, innovative person, with a passion for partnership working? If so Herefordshire Council have just the role for you! Funding has been secured until 31st March 2025 to recruit an individual with the skills, enthusiasm and experience to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team working with people who are at risk of, or are homeless and rough sleeping. You will need to have experience of working across agencies and sectors with people with complex support needs.
You will work within a team of Rough Sleeping Outreach Officers and deliver a range of support initiatives and interventions for clients as part of our Breaking the Cycle support program and working to the model of the Team Around the Individual, developed in response to the need for support work on complex and/or high-risk cases. You will work closely with the Community, Voluntary and Faith charitable sector, as well as a range of statutory agencies, to deliver bespoke programmes of support to some of the most vulnerable people in our county.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with this group would be an advantage although we would also welcome applications from individuals with experience of working in related services. You will be part of a vibrant team but must also be able to work as part of a wider service, managing and undertaking lone working as and when appropriate.
This post is currently offered up to 31st March 2025 on a fixed term contract, as it is funded by the Department of Levelling up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC), but it is hoped that if future funding bids are successful the post can be extended in the future.
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
• A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
• Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
• Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
• Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
• Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
• Payment of professional membership fees
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.