Main Scale 2-6
Start date: 8th April 2024 or sooner if possible
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our teaching team initially as a Year 2 Class teacher, within the Villages’ Multi Academy Trust at Nunnery Wood Primary School.
The Trust can offer:
• a forward-thinking Trust Board, Local Governing Bodies and Leadership Teams
• a friendly, supportive, and positive staff team in each academy, committed to providing the best for children
• a positive school environment where children, families and staff work in partnership - “secure, engaged and equipped for life”.
• a commitment to your continued professional development
Nunnery Wood Primary School is a happy and vibrant two-form entry school where teamwork is strong, and behaviour is good. Our friendly staff are always striving to achieve the very best for our delightful and enthusiastic pupils.
Our October 2022 OFSTED report recognised and highlighted how hard we work together as a team.
“Teachers and support staff are proud to work in the school. They value the support they get from leaders and each other. Teachers work closely with their year-group partner”
“The school is a close-knit community and staff know the pupils well.
Pupils feel safe and enjoy coming to school.”
Initially we are looking for a for full-time Year 2 teacher.
The successful candidate should be, or aspire to be, an outstanding teacher.
We are looking for someone with:
• Proven experience as a class teacher
• With Year 2 expertise and Key Stage 1 experience
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum.
• Knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies.
• Experience of or a desire to lead and coordinate music or art and design across the school. (Not essential)
• A good understanding of how children learn.
• Ability to adapt teaching to meet children’s needs.
• Ability to implement effective intervention strategies and to target children’s learning
• Ability to build effective working relationships with pupils, parents, and colleagues
• Knowledge of guidance and requirements around safeguarding children
• Knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
• Good ICT skills, particularly using ICT to support learning.
We are also looking for an effective and enthusiastic teacher who will be able to complement our dedicated and hardworking staff team. The successful candidate should be fully committed to helping us achieve our aims and visions.
Nunnery Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and verified, online checks undertaken, and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
If you would like further information, please visit the school’s website or contact the administration team on 01905 354154 or email email@example.com .
Appointments to visit the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 27th November 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 6th December 2023