About The Role
Salary: £25,979 - £29,777
Closing Date: 18/12/2023
Interview Date: 05/01/2024
Herefordshire Council is looking for an enthusiastic and customer focussed individual to join its friendly Waste Management Team. We have an Integrated Waste Strategy with far reaching ambitions and new targets to cut carbon, increase waste minimisation, reuse, recycling and composting activities and will soon be embarking on the introduction of a new waste collection contractor.
Your role will be to encourage behavioural change of residents & businesses across the county through monitoring services and contractors, engaging with the public and resolving problems to help deliver excellent services which contribute towards our ambitions.
We are looking for someone who is a great communicator, has the ability to encourage behavioural change and can resolve problems.
The ability to travel independently around the county is essential. The working day can involve some early starts and some late finishes. Weekend working is also expected on some occasions.
The post is based at Plough Lane in Hereford with the team working from here for 1 day per week with working from home also current practice.
If you want to find out more about the role please contact the Waste Services Manager, Nicola Percival on 01432 260488. If applying for the job please ensure that you demonstrate in your supporting statement how you meet the person specification by outlining your skills and experience.
About The Company
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
•Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com