37.0 Hours per Week
18 month fixed term contract opportunity.
The Childrens Commissioning and Placements Team within Solihull Council wish to appoint a Contract and Quality Assurance Manager on an 18 month fixed term contract.
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and innovative Contract Manager who can help us develop and maintain our Contract Management & Quality Assurance Framework for external placement provisions for our Children Looked After.
As Contract and Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing the performance of a portfolio of contracts, responding to and addressing quality assurance and the performance of our contracts to ensure that we use our funding in the most effective way to provide the right support to children, in the right place, at the right time. You will be responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with a multitude of independent providers and partner agencies whilst ensuring our Children & Young People are securing positive outcomes in line with their care plan.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) or you will be able to demonstrate specialist skills and knowledge gained from experiential learning
- Experience of contract management and working knowledge of its practices, regulatory frameworks and techniques.
- Experience in planning, management and delivery of projects
- The ability to engage and build relationships with providers and stakeholder at all levels using strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A commercial awareness of managing external suppliers and assessing market requirements
In return, you will be working as part of a friendly team and will have the opportunity to shape and further develop our Contract Management & Quality Assurance Framework that improves outcomes for our Children and Young People and ensuring our independent fostering and residential placements deliver best value.
Working for Solihull, we also offer:
- Further opportunities for training and development.
- Generous leave entitlement (which rises with continuous service) including the potential for flexi leave up to 24 days per year. The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days’ annual leave per year.
- Family and Carer friendly policies.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card.
In line with our Smarter Ways of Working, we offer the opportunity for a positive work life balance though blended working; working from both your home and our conveniently located and newly refurbished offices in Solihull town centre.
Applications for internal secondments will be considered. Candidates must request permission from their line manager prior to applying.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Aimee Wright, Commissioning Manager, 0121 704 8542.
Closing date - 30th November 2023
Interviews will take place 8th December 2023
Please note, we are not accepting CVs for this post.
This post requires a DBS check.
This is an essential car user post as the demands of the job make it operationally essential and there is a contractual requirement to make a suitable vehicle available to ensure the requirements of the job can be carried out effectively.
Applicants must be able to drive, have a driving licence and be a car owner, however for disabled applicants, reasonable adjustments will be made where required.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
SOL5791 Contract and QA Manager JDPS.docx