Art and Textiles Technician
Start Date: 01/01/2024
Actual Salary: £13,879
Contract: Permanent, term time only, 22.50 hours per week rising to 30hrs per week from September 2024.
Days Worked: Hrs can be worked over 3 or 5 days to suit the candidate
Closing Date: Monday 4th December 2023 at 9am
St Peter’s Academy is seeking to appoint an Art and Textiles technician to join our successful Art department within the Academy from January 2024. The role is to support students and to assist the teacher in preparation of lessons for Art, Textiles and Photography.
This post is 22.50 hours per week and is term time only.
The successful candidate will:
Use specialist knowledge and experience to provide appropriate support to students with their work and to assist the teacher in preparation for lessons. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
We are looking for candidates with experience and enthusiasm who are able to communicate clearly with staff and students.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good level of education
- Be an excellent role model
- Be able to build positive relationships with students.
- Believe in a creative approach to learning
- Hold high expectations for all students in terms of behaviour and achievement.
- Be committed to working as part of whole school team
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a mixed 11-16 popular Church of England Academy which puts Christian values, faiths and high standards at the centre of all we do. We serve the whole community of Stoke-on-Trent and welcome students of all faiths and none.
We have a vibrant and exciting learning environment with state of the art facilities which embodies our core Christian values and the belief that we can enrich every life.
Our July 2023 staff survey graded the school as outstanding. Staff morale, staff wellbeing, staff workload and appreciation of staff achievement and contribution were graded highest across all categories.
We are proud of our staff and student wellbeing focus and we provide a comprehensive staff induction and ECT support programme with a highly commended on-going CPD programme for new and existing staff.
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a well-resourced school with a motivated and enthusiastic student body. The Academy is located in the heart of the city with excellent transport links by road or rail.
- 2 weeks holiday at October half term
- A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff
- Free Car Parking
- Access to occupational health
- Meals available on site for all staff between 8am to 2pm
- Free meals for all staff on Inset days and Open Evening events
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Exceptional leave arrangements for family events
- Free eye tests for VDU users
- A comprehensive EAP (employee assistance programme) with 24 - hour access
- Free fitness suite on site
- Money off membership of Fenton Manor Leisure Centre
- An exceptional staff well-being offer with wellbeing meetings half termly including a Menopause group
- Annual staff wellbeing day following the annual Open Evening with a host of free wellbeing activities for all staff
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered.
Further Information and how to apply:
Please complete the attached application and equalities form and email to Louise James, Director of Finance and Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits are welcomed, to arrange this, please email Louise James on the above email address.