An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated individual to manage cemeteries and crematoria services in Sandwell. As our Bereavement Services Manager, you will have responsibility for the provision of several statutory and non-statutory excellent services that are provided to families in Sandwell and from neighbouring authorities at what is likely a difficult time in their lives. These services include but not limited to:
• The administration and facilitation of burials and cremation services.
• The management and maintenance of two crematoria ten cemeteries, thirteen closed churchyards, to award winning standard.
• Advice, guidance, safety, administration and sales of cemetery and cremation memorials
• Café provision and catering services for funeral wakes at Sandwell Valley Crematorium
• Funeral arrangements and subsequent closure of estates for deceased person’s families where there is no family or financially, families cannot afford to pay for a funeral service for their loved one
• A low - cost high quality direct funeral service for bereaved families
• Pet funeral services
• Pre-paid options for burial and cremation.
• Project delivery of key deliverables to maintain service improvement and business continuity.
In addition, you will also account for establishing the strategic direction and propelling enhancements to the service. These efforts would be directed towards bolstering efficiency, enriching the customer experience, and commercialisation whilst accounting for respect, dignity, and reverence of bereaved families.
Educated to a relevant degree standard
In Sandwell how we do things is as important as what we do. In everything we do we strive to embed and live the Councils values and behaviours:
• One Team – United and working together with the shared purpose of achieving great results.
• Customer Focussed – We care about providing the best possible public service.
• Inclusive – Treating each other with respect and knowing our diversity is our strength.
• Ambitious - Striving for excellence, always looking to get better and making sure everyone can take pride in our borough.
• Accountable - Delivering what we say we will.
If this exciting and rewarding opportunity is for you, then we would like to hear from you.
For more detailed information about this role please contact
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants