At Sandwell Children’s Trust we strive for excellence to improve the lives of children. Our ‘Sandwell Deal’, brings together our new improved offering that make Sandwell Children’s Trust a great place to work; it also sets out our expectations of you as a member of staff.
What we can offer you:-
- Generous annual leave of up to 31 days, plus 5 additional days for long service recognition.
- Your birthday off paid in addition to annual leave entitlement and 8 Bank Holidays, plus a concessionary day at Christmas.
- You will receive a generous local government career average pension scheme with employer contributions of 21.6%.
- We recognise individual loyalty with service awards from 2, 5, 10 and every 5 years onwards.
- Flexible working patterns that suit you and all of our roles have well-defined career progression.
- We provide competitive expenses for both mileage (55p per mile) and subsistence, plus access to a comprehensive employee benefits scheme.
Please visit The Sandwell Deal via this hyperlink
37 hours per week
A full-time vacancy have arisen for a Strengthening Families Practitioner within a busy and vibrant Strengthening Families Service that offers family support within the West Bromwich area. The service have great working relationships with partners and offer a truly multi-agency way to improving the outcomes for children and families.
The post holders will be responsible for: -
- Chairing and co-ordinate Team around the Family (TAF) meetings with families and partner agencies to devise an outcome focused plan to bring about change for the family.
- To undertake direct work with children, young people and families
- To work with a variety of partners to achieve better outcomes for Children and Families.
- To support the effective application of thresholds in line with SSCB procedures.
- Keep accurate and update recording on EHM of all contact, meetings and interventions with children and families
- Two years’ direct experience of working within a child, young people or families setting.
- NVQ level 3 or above in a child, young people or families field.
- Experience of direct work with children or families.
- Experience of maintaining up to date, accurate case records within a child, young people or family setting.
- Experience of undertaking children and /or families’ assessment (e.g., Early Help Assessments) on children, young people or families.
- Experience of managing a caseload.
- Experience of coordinating a package of intervention designed to address specific assessed needs to reduce risk and build resilience.
- Experience of delivering direct work with children and young people with a range of complex needs.
- Chairing and coordinating multi-agency meetings.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position.
Our teams at Sandwell Children’s Trust are all amazing, they inspire great ideas, drive new plans forward and help to make Sandwell Children’s Trust a fantastic place to work. We ensure that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the community we serve.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
Please click the APPLY button to apply
Employee Benefits Offering