- Are you passionate about improving children’s life chances? Are you hard-working, fair and compassionate? Do you work well as part of a team? Are you committed to continuing professional development? Are you able to support individual children, support children in small groups and support children as part of a whole class?
If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an energetic, creative and hardworking Teaching Assistant to join our team.
St. Anne’s is a small, friendly, caring primary school with a committed and established staff. We have strong links with our parish of St. Anne’s and work closely with our partner schools in the Unity cluster.
In return we can offer you:
- Well behaved, happy pupils who enjoy coming to School A warm and welcoming Catholic environment A supportive staff team who work for each other extremely effectively and who are willing and able to support and mentor. Excellent opportunities for personal development
Visits to the school are welcome and very much encouraged so you can see how wonderful St Anne’s really is.
To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom and support a child/children with additional learning needs.
2. a) To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
b) To provide support to small groups or individual children, as directed by the class teacher.
3. To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
4. To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
5. To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
6. To work in collaboration with class teacher to ensure progress for all pupils, including specific individual needs and/or the needs of groups of pupils.
Support for the Pupils/ Families
· To deliver pastoral and learning support
· To work with pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to develop and achieve.
· To provide support for pupils to broaden and enrich their learning
· To work with the SENCO and other teachers to develop and implement IEPs and behaviour mentoring plans
· To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
· Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities
· To support a child with disabilities or special educational needs
· To work closely with a key group and report back achievements to the teacher.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre-employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
Our school does not discriminate between candidates on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation. The School is mindful of the requirements relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
If a candidate’s application is considered to be fraudulent or contains false information, St Anne’s will report the matter to the Secretary of State, via the DFES and also the Police as appropriate
Our School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare. This post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred list check.
If you are interested in this post – please download and complete an application form and return it together with any supporting information to school by hand, post or email -(email@example.com) by Thursday 7th December 2023 at 4p.m.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted further, so if you have not heard from us by Monday 11th December your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date: 7th December 2023
Interview Date: Week beginning 11th December