Gladstone Primary Academy
Due to the promotion of the current Deputy Headteacher, Gladstone Primary Academy is seeking to appoint a dynamic, committed and inspirational Deputy Headteacher, to build on current good practice and bring fresh ideas to drive the academy forward.
Gladstone Primary is a popular, larger than average urban primary school with its own nursery. This inclusive and nurturing school celebrates everyone’s talents and aptitudes through a broad and balanced curriculum, which immerses children in the experiences they may otherwise never have. Children also develop respect, resilience and tenacity and aim high at all times, becoming well-rounded, caring, self-confident individuals ready to face the next stage of their education. The state of the arts school buildings, I.T. provision and extensive grounds offer a dynamic learning environment. The school has its own Boxall accredited Nurture Provision. For more information about the school, please visit www.gladstoneprimary.org.uk.
The school is part of the Societas Trust, established in 2016, currently compromises seven primary academy settings and an associate member nursery setting in North Staffordshire, with around 2,400 children and 400 employees. We believe passionately that by developing and promoting innovative and creative approaches to learning and teaching across the Trust we will ensure that our children have the very best opportunities to excel academically and develop socially. For more information about the Trust, please visit www.societastrust.org.uk.
The successful candidate will need to be an experienced teacher with a clear vision who will place high achievement, creativity and the needs of the children at the heart of the curriculum.
They will also
- work alongside the new headteacher and Trust leaders to inspire staff and students to raise existing high expectations, aspirations and achievements and continue to improve and support this fully inclusive and nurturing school.
- have a proven track record as an outstanding classroom practitioner
- have a successful record of being a Subject or Phase Leader
- monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching
- sustain school improvement, ensure excellent provision and maintain strong outcomes for all learners
- contribute to the development of teaching and learning throughout the school and model best practice in school
- have the ability to work co-operatively, managing and co-ordinating multiple projects in a busy and dynamic environment
- have a good sense of humour as well as proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- create and maintain an effective partnership with parents and carers to improve children’s achievement and personal and social development.
- take responsibility for safeguarding pupils and ensuring child protection is effective.
- be non-class based, though will be expected to provide some cover and P.P.A. as appropriate
- be a responsible for leading a subject dependant on the strengths of the person appointed
In return the Trust and school can offer you a very skilled and dedicated staff team, excellent working conditions and an occupational pension scheme. The salary range for this post is currently £63,740 - £70,313.
The Trust and Academy are committed to developing all our employees and supports career progression within the Trust.
Visits to the academy before making an application are encouraged.
Please contact Suzie Hunter (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01782 957267) to arrange a visit.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 22nd November 2023 Interviews will be held at the Academy on Tuesday 28th November 2023.
Gladstone Primary Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check by the Criminal Records Bureau. Candidates will be asked about their commitment to safeguarding children at interview.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre-employment check with effect from Sept 22, an online search may be part of the recruitment process. Candidates are vetted thoroughly and appointments are subject to identity checks, DBS clearance, Online Checks and the production of satisfactory references.