Teaching Assistant Grade 2
Salary Scale Grade 2 Points 5-6£, 23,500 – £23,893 pro rata, £16,363.29 - £16,636.94 per annum (actual)
29 hours 20 minutes per week term time only
Westacre is a popular and oversubscribed school with a strong and embedded primary ethos. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team of committed and dedicated Teaching Assistants; our current vacancy is predominantly based within a class but also involves supporting children across the 3 year groups.
Our Teaching Assistants work 8.15 am – 3.00 pm Monday – Friday including one break duty per week of 20 minutes. They also play a vital role as part of the Lunchtime Supervision team, supporting positive and structured play three times a week during lunch breaks, on a rota basis.
The post will include:
- Working in classes under the direction of a teacher supporting small groups or providing one to one focused support
- Preparing and organising resources to support small group teaching and specialist interventions as required across the 3 year groups
- Supporting the work of year leaders by undertaking administrative work
- Contributing to an after school club activity, for which payment is in addition to the stated salary
What we offer:
- An excellent opportunity to develop your practice with a commitment to your continued professional development
- A highly skilled and supportive teaching and teaching assistant team
- An excellent working environment in a well-resourced school set in extensive grounds
- Local government pension scheme
- Local authority discount schemes
For further information about Westacre, then please do take a look at our website. https://www.westacre-middle-school.co.uk
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance certificate.
Enquiries/Forms: please contact the school on 01905 772795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are also available from www.worcestershire.gov.uk
Closing Date: Friday 24th November at 08:00 am
We reserve the right, depending on application numbers, to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.