32.5 hours per week, term-time only
Monday to Friday, 08.45 to 15.45
New Ford Academy is an ‘Outstanding’ setting and a special place where everyone is made to feel safe and valued. We want every child to develop a love of learning and to be the best that they can be. We are building a community where children: Respect themselves and other people; Think for themselves and make sensible decisions; Have their own voice and know that they are listened to equally; Have the confidence and skills to communicate with others; Know how to cope when things go wrong; Are part of a community with the school at the centre; Have a positive outlook for the future. We achieve this through our key values of: Ambition, Respect, Empathy, Resilience, Self-Belief, Independence and Honesty.
We are seeking a Classroom Assistant, to start as soon as possible, who is a passionate, dedicated individual with a good sense of humour to join our hard-working team. The ideal candidate would be educated to NVQ level 2 and have experience of primary pupils.
Main duties are:
- To assist and support the Teachers in the delivery of teaching, learning and assessment activities.
- To help pupils develop the skills required in all areas of the EYFS curriculum.
- To assist the Designated Teacher/Support Staff with resources required for any activity.
- To contribute to the creating of an attractive/stimulating, safe/secure class/school environment through display and classroom organisation.
- To help with the care and support of pupils individually and in groups.
- To maintain a safe environment for children, other staff and visitors so far as it is possible.
- To be aware of, and maintain, specific school policies, which relate to pupils in the classroom.i.e. behaviour, equal opportunities etc.
Office Manager Mrs.Marlow
New Ford Academy, Brownley Road, Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 1PY
Tele: 01782 234605