We are seeking to appoint a Safeguarding Leader who is passionate about the safety and wellbeing of our wonderful pupils and families at Eaton Valley Primary School.
Eaton Valley Primary school is a thriving school with amazing children, families and staff. We are dedicated to providing a safe, inclusive, and stimulating learning environment for our students. Safeguarding is paramount to our children’s lives, and we are looking for a focussed and caring individual to lead our safeguarding initiatives as Lead DSL.
As Lead DSL you will lead and manage the four Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) in all matters of safeguarding and child protection in our school.
You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety and well-being of pupils within our school community. The successful applicant will demonstrate drive and an unrelenting focus on acting in the best interests of our pupils. You will work in partnership with other leaders as a member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team to ensure that the wellbeing and welfare of our 460+ pupils are monitored and supported effectively.
The successful applicant will:
• be a caring person, passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and their families
• maintain regular contact with families and carers of children in need of extra support,
• have experience of working in the Child Protection field
• be an exemplary practitioner with a proven track record of working creatively and sensitively to the diverse needs of pupils.
• have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• be able to work collaboratively with staff, parents, and external partners
In return we offer:
• a welcoming community of supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents;
• a committed supportive team of staff who want to make a difference by putting the wellbeing of children first
• high quality training opportunities support and coaching
• amazing children who deserve the very best
This role will involve working collaboratively with a dedicated team of experienced professionals to ensure that safeguarding and child protection, family support and targeted interventions are in place across the school. If you have the required qualifications, experience and a passion for working in safeguarding within an educational environment, we encourage you to apply.
Further details, and an application form, are available from the school and should be returned to: Mrs S Craddock, School Business Manager, Telephone: 0121 5531593
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
Informal visits to the school are welcomed as part of the application. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Monday 4th December at 10.00am
Interviews: Monday 11th December
Eaton Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be carried out in line with KCSIE 2023. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (DBS) disclosure
37 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days
SAND BAND F, SCP 26 to 31, £34,834 to £39,186 pro rata, £31,484 to £35,418 per annum
Eaton Valley Primary School. Dagger Lane, West Bromwich, B71 4BU
Monday 4th December at 10.00am
Job Description and Person Specification