Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Telephone number: 0121 566 6555
Email address: email@example.com
Required from January 2024 or Easter 2024
Do you want a great place to work with a positive atmosphere with supportive colleagues and students keen to learn?
Are you passionate about your subject?
Saltley Academy is looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science, who is ready to make a significant impact on our successful departments. The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be able to motivate pupils through inspirational teaching. They will be joining a very well-led, vibrant, and successful team, committed to providing a quality experience for our students and ensuring that they achieve their full potential. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a school and an academy trust committed to individuals professional development and supporting them to achieve the best for our young people.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher with:
- ambition and high expectations to transform the lives of young people a passionate belief in collaboration and teamwork a student-centred approach to problem solving a clear understanding of how to engage students and maximise progress a sense of humour and positivity a relentless commitment to achievement for all
Saltley Academy is a 11-16 comprehensive school in the heart of multi-cultural Birmingham. The Academy is progressing fast in its mission to develop outstanding learners, ensure academic success and nurture happy citizens in a supportive and inspiring environment. We have recently been graded Good by Ofsted, and during the recent inspection one of our students described our school as “outstanding, resilient and loving”. The Academy was also recently awarded the UNICEF Rights Respecting School Gold Award.
The Academy is part of the Washwood Heath Multi-Academy Trust and shares its core values. Being a member of the Trust provides numerous professional development opportunities. As a member of the Trust, the Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
In return, we will offer you:
- A collaborative and inclusive culture, where team members will upskill you and give you regular opportunities to learn from each other in a safe and collaborative environment, both within your schools and Trust-wide
- An opportunity to undertake structured CPD via access to the National College online CPD platform and/or apprenticeships such as Level 7 Senior Leaders Masters, with regular twilights
- Access to Career Pathways and Pledge to help you plan for and make your goals a reality via our Professional Growth and Performance (PPG) process
- A wellbeing culture, with paid and unpaid time off to support life events via our Life Leave Policy, access to a Wellbeing Champion and the opportunity to participate in our annual staff wellbeing survey with Edurio, so we know and can respond to views
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which includes confidential counselling, access to wellbeing advice and a lifestyle app called “My Possible Self”
- Access to a suite of supportive policies, such as Life Leave, Wellbeing, Career Break and Family Friendly
- Access to a generous pension scheme known as the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to a comprehensive employee rewards package including Long Service Awards, Employee Referral Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and contribution to glasses and eye-sight tests for eligible display screen users
- Opportunity to be part of key Trust-wide collaborative groups such as the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI working group) and Wellbeing working groups, including menopause support and neurodiversity support
- Onsite parking at all schools
This post is suitable for a newly qualified teacher or an experienced teacher.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted.
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Saltley Academy as a Science Teacher.
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
Saltley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: 24 November 2023, 9:00am
Please apply online