Job title: Occupational Therapist (PO1)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Job reference number: REC002476
Salary: 36,648 - £39,186 per annum
- Are you looking to be part of a team which works closely with the health and the social care sectors?
- Do you want an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, fast paced team with a caseload spanning all rehabilitation specialities, to develop a broad skill set, enabling you to tackle future cases with confidence with regular exciting training opportunities?
If you answered yes, then come join us. The Reablement team assists patients requiring additional support and rehabilitation on discharge from hospital, and those in the community who need increased care or therapy input. Assessments are holistic and focused on maximising independence at every stage. Patients are at the heart of everything we do
As a member of the reablement team, you will work closely with therapists and social care teams,
You will perform holistic, goal focused, patient centred assessments, and develop thorough treatment programmes to meet the goals. You will manage a varied caseload, spanning all Occupational Therapy specialities.
You will work closely with both health and social care colleagues, in a blended approach to patient care. Physiotherapists, nurses, occupational therapists, therapy assistants and social care staff undertake collaborative working on a daily basis to ensure that all patient needs are met. Regular clinical supervision and professional support are provided. We positively encourage any special interests which complement the patient demographic that we see
The post holder will:
- Undertake Occupational Therapy assessments and provide therapeutic intervention for a designated caseload, working closely with individuals to identify goals as part of their overall care plan.
- Provide case management support for a designated caseload, with guidance from Senior Occupational Therapists
- Develop and co-ordinate individualised rehabilitation plans in close liaison with the team, individuals, their carers as well as all other services.
- Enable individuals to achieve maximum independence with activities of daily living, providing appropriate direction and guidance to Therapy/Promoting Independence assistants in the service to support an individual’s rehabilitation and reablement where able.
If you require further information, please contact Jayne McCullough, Registered Manager on 01905 822876.
You’ll find an overview of some of the benefits in a document attached to this job advert so do take a look! Some of the other benefits we can offer include:
- Great Holiday Entitlement: As well as bank holidays, you'll get 26 days paid holiday (pro rata for part-time staff). This goes up to 31 days when you have been with us for 5 years. If you get more than 26 days where you work now, don't worry because if you join us without a break, we'll match your holiday up to 31 days. If you’re successful and want to take advantage of this do let us know!
- Brilliant Pension Scheme: The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide, career average pension scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government.
- Professional Learning & Development: We actively encourage learning and development for all our staff should they want to progress further or explore other areas within the organisation.
- Flexible Working: We are proud to offer hybrid working to provide a better work/life balance where possible.
How to Apply:
Online Applications are invited to apply for this role.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 26th November 2023
Anticipated Interview Date: To be Confirmed
*This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands, or final warnings, as well as convictions.