Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy
Broad way, Pelsall, Walsall WS4 1BW
Telephone: 01922 685777
“Outcomes, Values, Choices”
Job Title: Teacher of English
Salary Scale & Point: MPS
Contracted Hours: Full time
Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy is an exciting and dynamic place to work. We are an oversubscribed secondary academy with over 1400 students on roll at Key Stages 3-5. Our core drivers of Outcomes, Values and Choices are at the heart of our daily actions and interactions and we pride ourselves on building strong relationships based on mutual respect, at all levels.
We are looking to recruit a Teacher of English to:
- Develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences for all students
- Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students following courses they teach
As part of your wider duties and responsibilities, you are required to promote and actively support the Academy’s responsibilities towards safeguarding.
Employee benefits at Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car benefit scheme
- Access to extensive lifestyle savings
- Free access to onsite gym
- Free onsite parking
- Free lunch for staff on duty
- Employee health & wellbeing initiatives
- Extensive CPD & networking opportunities for all staff
- OAT People Strategy
- Free 24/7 confidential counselling service
- Generous pension scheme
- Strong focus on internal promotion
- Successful ECT support programme
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details.
This position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and suitable references for the successful applicant.
Please visit our website vacancies tab https://oatcareers.co.uk/ and enter the job title in the search box to see the full job description and link to apply.
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 2nd February 2024
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The academy’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be found here: Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy