Fixed term until 22 March 2024
31.5 hours per week (5 days per week) term time only plus 5 teacher training days
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional to join our student support team as a cover supervisor, to play a vital role in the school. Covering for short periods of absence is a rewarding job and one that provides valuable experiences in the classroom, if you are looking for a stepping stone in order to get into teaching. You will need confidence, with the ability to inspire and enthuse our students, so that they maintain their learning in the absence of their regular teacher.
You will need good interpersonal and organisational skills to lead planned lessons, with the ability to relate to the young people in our school. If you can embrace a challenge, we will give you fantastic support and the opportunity to work with a team of energetic and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be able to gain satisfaction from helping students meet their aspirational targets as well as offer them pastoral links as a tutor.
We will offer you
- An identified experienced mentor and our Lead Associate Specialist Teacher, providing on call support where needed
- Invaluable experience covering classes across all year groups
- A shadow timetable when you are not ‘on cover’ to provide ample opportunity to observe classroom practice across a diverse range of disciplines
- Classroom support/development and quality CPD
- Access to coaching and regular feedback to develop your teaching expertise
- A comprehensive induction programme and mentor
We will play to your strengths and can offer you:
- A range of benefits which include cycle to work, free parking, an employee discount scheme, a laptop/iPad.
- A strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition.
- Annual Learning & Teaching Conference for all Teaching Staff.
We are proud to be part of Castle Phoenix Trust. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally. The Trust is committed to invest in and develop all staff and, most importantly, bring about the best possible outcomes for our students who deserve the very best. Our Trust values are really important to all of us and include Respect to All, From All, Innovation and Collaboration.
Alison Gallagher, Headteacher, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 1 December 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2023.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.