Our Lady and All Saints Catholic Multi Academy
Salary: L1 – L5 £47,185 - £52,074
Permanent: Full Time
Our Lady’s Catholic Primary School
East Meadway, Tile Cross, Birmingham B33 0AU
Start Date: Monday 19th February 2024
Are you a dynamic and passionate educator looking for the next step in your career? Do you have a proven track record of successful leadership and a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of students? If so, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our wonderful school is seeking an Assistant Headteacher to join our team and play a crucial role in shaping the future of our school. This is a class-based role with wider responsibilities across the school, offering a salary of L1-5, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As the Assistant Headteacher, you will work closely with the Headteacher to drive the strategic direction of the school and ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning are maintained. You will have the opportunity to lead and inspire a team of dedicated educators, while also having a direct impact on the academic and personal development of our students.
In addition to your class-based responsibilities, you will also have the opportunity to take on wider responsibilities across the school, such as curriculum development, staff training and development, and community engagement. This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your leadership skills and make a meaningful contribution to the overall success of our school.
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong understanding of the UK education system, along with a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience and some leadership experience. You should also hold a relevant teaching qualification and have a passion for continuous professional development.
In return, we offer a supportive and collaborative work environment, with a strong emphasis on work-life balance. You will have access to ongoing training and development opportunities as well as working in a happy welcoming school with a caring ethos, friendly, supportive and committed staff and a positive learning environment
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and join a dynamic and forward-thinking school, then we want to hear from you! Apply now and become a part of our dedicated team, making a positive impact on the lives of our students every day.
Our Lady and All Saints Catholic Multi Academy Company (“the MAC”) was formed in April 2021 and comprises of 12 Catholic Primary Schools and 1 Catholic Secondary School across the Birmingham, Solihull, and Warwickshire areas.
The successful candidate will
- Promote and delivery excellent standards of teaching and learning
- Has a strong knowledge of the primary curriculum
- Foster positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the local community
- Have the necessary skills to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Be flexible and creative and have the commitment to provide first class care to children and adults
- Be organised and able to work under own initiative
- Be a reflective and flexible practitioner
- Bring vision, innovation and enthusiasm to the role
- Be able to relate well to all stakeholders in being sympathetic to their needs
- Work effectively with our staff team at Our Lady’s
- Be committed to promoting the Catholic ethos of our school
In return we are proud to offer:
- A welcoming, supportive school family who work closely with parents and parish.
- A dedicated school leadership team who are committed in creating a learning environment where children and staff can learn and grow together.
- Happy, delightful children who respond to challenge and are keen to learn.
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A leadership team whose focus is on improving outcomes for our children
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school. Please contact the school office (0121 464 4459) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment
Further information and an application pack is available under the vacancies section of our website www.ourladys.bham.sch.uk and also on the MAC website Current Vacancies | Our Lady and All Saints Catholic MAC (olaas.co.uk)
Applications to be emailed to: email@example.com or delivered to the school office.
Closing Date: Friday 8th December 12 noon
Shortlisting: Friday 8th December
*Interview Date: Monday 18th December or Tuesday 19th December
Our Lady’s Catholic School, part of Our Lady and All Saints Multi Academy Company, has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups. All employees and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and where relevant, a childcare disqualification check. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and other satisfactory pre-employment checks. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
*Please note the MAC reserve the right to change this date.