Job title: Adults Experienced Social Worker
Team: Onward Care Team
Salary: £33,945 - £38,223 per annum (Plus an additional £3,000 market forces payment*)
37 Hours per week
Permanent, Full Time
We are currently offering an exciting opportunity for 1 Experienced Social Worker to join the Onward Care Team.
The Onward Care Team is based at both Worcester Royal Hospital and the Alexandra Hospital and operates a 7-day service to support complex discharges. There is potential to work weekends and bank holidays and additional pay is available for bank holiday and Sunday working.
The team is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Worcestershire County Council and Health and Care Trust staff. There is a focus on multi-agency partnership working with wider partners. This is a supportive team where you can develop in your career.
The vacancies are at Worcester Royal Hospital. The team works with adults aged over 18 who require support to enable safe and timely transfer of care from acute hospital settings.
The role will involve working with people who are older, have diagnosis of dementia, people with physical disabilities, people with mental health diagnosis and mild to moderate learning disabilities/and/or autism.
The successful candidate will need to be someone who can work at a fast pace, is proactive and has strong communication skills. The Team adopts a strength-based approach in line with the 3 Conversations Model with an emphasis on Home First. The team ensures a focus on Adult safeguarding and mental capacity, ensuring organisational statutory duties are met.
We are a supportive team and offer regular supervision and reflection to develop practice and skills.
Quotes from staff:
- ‘The work is short term and fast paced, there are no caseloads to hold, and every day can be different. Being part of a patient journey in the Acute Hospital is rewarding when you know that you are helping both the person and their families navigate the systems for discharge and promoting Social Work Values’
- ‘Both management and peer supervision is available in abundance, there is always someone to talk things through with. We never work in isolation and multi-disciplinary working is absolutely necessary. I learn something new every week and I feel very supported’.
- ‘I love working in a multi-disciplinary team and having access to their medical knowledge, as I feel it allows us to support more holistically’.
- ‘I’ve been working in Social care for 4 years and have joined a Hospital Onward Care Team in November 2022. I felt I was able to settle quickly and that there is a better balance of working directly with people and time spent at my desk. I am in a close knit team that is always available to support and give suggestions. I no longer feel anxious if I am unsure what to do next, as there are a range of professionals with various expertise who are happy to give me advise and support’.
- ‘I feel I have been able to develop my confidence further by having access to a large and varied pool of professionals from both Health and Social Care. I am able to feel at the end of my working day that I have supported people to remain safe and that plans are in place to get people where they want and need to be. This helps me with my work/life balance and helps me to switch off when I’m at home’.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the post, please call Sarah Gardner Team Manager 01905 844943.
You’ll find an overview of the benefits Worcestershire County Council have to offer on our webpage Why work for us? | Worcestershire County Council, so do take a look! Some of these offers include:
- Great Holiday Entitlement: As well as bank holidays, you'll get 26 days paid holiday (pro rata for part-time staff). This goes up to 31 days when you have been with us for 5 years. If you get more than 26 days where you work now, don't worry because if you join us without a break, we'll match your holiday up to 31 days. If you’re successful and want to take advantage of this do let us know!
- Brilliant Pension Scheme: The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide, career average pension scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government.
- Professional Learning & Development: We actively encourage learning and development for all our staff should they want to progress further or explore other areas within the organisation.
- Flexible Working: We are proud to offer hybrid working to provide a better work/life balance where possible.
How to Apply:
Online Applications are invited to apply for this role.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 3rd December 2023
Anticipated Interview Date: To be Confirmed
*Market Forces Payment T&C's Apply