EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER/NURSERY NURSE
Grade 3, Point 4 £23,114, Actual salary £14,055 per annum depending on years’ service
Permanent, Whole Year (25 days annual leave (pro rata), plus Bank Holidays and a week between Christmas and New Year)
22.5 hrs per week (with the potential for overtime)
Start Date: January 2024
Ridgeway Primary Academy is seeking to appoint an Early Years Practitioners/Nursery Nurses to work within our Early Years settings at Ridgeway Primary Academy. The successful candidates will provide full day care provision for babies and children aged 2-4 years.
Sunny Days Nursery provides full day care provision for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years across a whole year and Ridgeway Rainbow Tots provides sessional care for 2-3 year olds.
Ridgeway Primary Academy has an excellent reputation and provides a lively and creative environment in which to work. We gained ‘Good’ in our most recent Ofsted inspection and we are a founding member of Primitas Learning Partnership, a new Multi Academy Trust which seeks to make a positive difference in the local community.
- To provide the highest levels of care and education for all children attending the settings.
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Undertake the role of key person.
- Supervise and support children at all times and ensure that all children are kept safe.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the Primitas values are maintained.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, parents and carers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a positive attitude and creative ideas that inspire children to learn;
- Is passionate about providing high standards of care and education to meet the individual needs of our children;
- Takes pride in maintaining positive working partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers;
- Has good verbal and written communication skills;
- Has a commitment to continuing professional development;
- Has an NVQ L2 or L3;
- Has experience of working with children in a EYFS setting either in a paid employment or through placements, again desirable but not essential.
At our nursery, we want our staff to be appreciated and to know we value the contributions they make to our team and the development of our children. As such, alongside our very competitive pay scale, we offer a range of benefits that our staff team can use while working at the nursery. These include:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Flexible hours and an understanding that work needs to work for you;
- Access to free counselling services
- A supportive team environment;
- A wellbeing focused leadership team and wellness programmes;
- Competitive salary;
- Access to healthcare scheme;
- Access to free gym membership;
- Discounted childcare (if they use the setting for childcare);
- Access to continued professional development;
Primitas Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
You will also be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK, evidence of your qualifications and suitable references.
If you would like further information, or would like to book an out of hours visit, please contact the nursery office 01543 227168 for further information or to arrange a visit to the setting.
We invite applications from colleagues who can engage and work collaboratively with colleagues.
To apply for a post, please complete the application form and equality and diversity monitoring form and return to Mrs Debbie Westwood, HR Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Friday 8th December 2023
Interviews: w/c 11th December 2023
Primitas Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a ‘disclosure’ check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visitingwww.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide