Teaching Assistant (Intervention Practitioner)
NJC TA Scale 4 (pts 19 – 22), £21,207 - £22,823
30 hours per week, TTO + 5 days
Woodfield Academy is a popular 5-form entry middle school with over 500 pupils on roll, aged 9-13 years. We are a happy, vibrant learning community, with high aspirations for the children in our care and the staff team that supports them.
We are looking for an intervention practitioner to lead on our closing the gap intervention programmes, while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking team, who are dedicated to supporting our children in reaching their potential. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally, develop teaching and wider professional skills and make a huge contribution to the ever-growing success and reputation of our academy. Candidates of all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Classroom background
- Relevant experience working in a middle school supporting pupil progress
The right candidate will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the core curriculum and assessment frameworks
- Experience of closing the gap interventions and a proven track record of improving outcomes for pupils
- Knowledge of end of KS2 assessment (SATs tests)
- Exam invigilation
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as a team
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Evidence of ‘Good+’ practice and a passion for raising achievement, attainment and aspirations
- Creative energy in planning, teaching and a dynamic presence in the classroom
- A flexible approach to engaging learners of differing levels of ability
- Commitment to collaborative working, peer support and reflective practice
- Approachability and a sense of humour, alongside a professional demeanour
- A wider contribution to learning and to school life beyond the classroom
- The desire and ability to further their practice and professional development
In return, we can offer:
- A motivated, hard-working and supportive team of professionals to learn alongside and from
- Friendly pupils with a passion for learning
- A strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
- A staff healthcare package
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd November (12.00noon)
To apply, please use this link to access the TES portal: https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/-1945397
Please complete the application provided on TES portal. Please note we are not able to accept other applications or CV's.
Please ensure that you complete all sections of the application form, please do not leave any blanks as this may result is us not accepting your application. This is your chance to sell yourself.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and criminal background check via the disclosure procedures. Also as per The Department for Education Statutory guidance, in accordance with the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” legislation latest version that came into effect on 1st September 2022, shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence.
Woodfield Academy is committed to the protection, safety and welfare of its pupils and staff and we aim for the highest standards in safeguarding procedures. We expect all staff and volunteers to share and promote this commitment.
For further details of the post, or to arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher, please contact Mrs S Little, PA to the Headteacher via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.