Fleet Services are Sandwell MBC’s in-house fleet maintenance operation.
Based at Waterfall Lane in Cradley Heath, Fleet Services provides fleet maintenance and repair for Sandwell MBC, other public bodies and private sector contracts.
With a fleet size of over 1000 items, there is a huge variety of vehicles and equipment.
On top of the basic salary, a shift allowance of £3,202 will be given.
- Full UK HGV (Category C or C+E).
- Training will be provided to obtain a full UK HGV category C licence on a fixed term contract if the successful candidate holds a clean full UK drivers licence (Category B).
- Hold a BTEC National Certificate in Automotive Engineering ONC or equivalent.
- Take part in an out of hours breakdown service.
- Level 3 NVQ Automotive Maintenance and Repair or Equivalent or experience of working in Heavy Commercial Vehicle workshop.
- LGV Licence Unrestricted Category C.
- F gas licence.
- Fork lift operator’s licence.
- Tail lift LOLER certification.
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid vehicle system repair & replacement.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants