We are seeking to recruit a Senior Driver for Meals on Wheels and Adult Social Care transport, the successful applicant will be involved in the day-to-day operations for the smooth efficient running of these services.
Reporting to the Transport Manager you will be responsible for a team of drivers in the Meals on Wheels & Adult Social transport area, you should be self-motivated and be able to work with limited supervision with the ability to transfer plans into actions.
Previous experience of working within venerable people along with good knowledge of food delivery procedures/road transport regulations are desirable. You must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Route planning to optimise the efficient delivery of the service.
• Despatch of vehicles in safe legal and timely manner.
• Scheduling of staff on the roster.
• Staff appraisals and supervisions on accordance with policy.
• Supervise staff and manage resources effectively.
• Risk assessments to ensure safe service.
• Spot checks on vehicles/drivers.
• Cover driving duties if needed.
• Liaising with client’s management staff and stakeholders.
• Manning duty desk taking cancelations and alterations.
• Contribute to the development of the service.
• Sickness absence management to stage one and return to work interviews.
• Experience of supervising or managing staff.
• Category B car drivers licence
• Computer literate in Microsoft products
• Be reliable and trustworthy
In return the Salary commences at £27,344 with annual increments to £32,020 You will also receive development and support from colleagues, generous annual leave and exciting employee benefits.
This vacancy and advert will be closed on 30th November 2023 or as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
For an informal discussion, please contact Derrick Tibbetts on 0121 569 4335 or Email email@example.com
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
37 hours per week primarily Monday – Friday although flexible working will be required with working some weekends subject to the needs of the service. The Meals on Wheels service operates 7 days a week 365 day per year.
The council operates hybrid working. This involves working from an agreed workplace location in the borough for at least two days a week.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants