About The Role
Salary: HC10 £43,421 - £47,420
Closing Date: 03/12/2023
Interview Date: 08/12/2023
To be successful in this post, you will be a strategic insurance professional, with experience of managing public sector insurance needs and working across a large and complex organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an insurance professional to lead the council’s insurance function ensuring the council is protected against insurable risk, that claims received are dealt with promptly and defended and minimised as appropriate.
This role is the council’s lead professional specialising in insurance and responsible for advising on all areas of insurance cover across the business, insurance claims management and administration as well as acting as key liaison with insurers and brokers.
This role is accountable to the Head of Strategic Finance within the council’s Corporate Services Directorate. We are looking for an effective collaborator who can work proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
For any Informal enquiries please contact Rachael Hart, Head of Strategic Finance (Deputy S151 Officer):
Tel: 01432 383775
About The Company
Benefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
•Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com