Finance and Performance Officer
Grade 4 - £30,151 - £37,261
Consultation grade - subject to formal evaluation under the Pay Equity Review
Working 36.5 hours per week
The Children and Young Peoples’ Travel Service (CYPTS) have recently gone through a service redesign. CYPTS currently provide 6,000 children and young people for whom without transport provision would not be able to attend education.
We are looking for three Finance and Performance Officers who will report to the Operational, Finance and Performance Manager to provide financial advice and direction to the service. As a team, you will lead and oversee the processing of submitted invoices, completing the required checking and matching. Contribute to the administration of Personal Transport Budgets, Post 16 Renewals, LGSCO Compensation claims and other reimbursement payments
You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about being part of a service that collates and analyses data to assess service performance against KPIs to provide services for children and young people.
We are looking for someone with:
- a financial qualification
- experience of collaboratively working with members, service providers and school establishments to achieve positive outcomes
- excellent financial resource management experience
- experience and understanding of a first class customer service
- good analytical skills
- good standard of literacy and numeracy skills
- good understanding and awareness of corporate and strategic objectives and service plans
- understanding of the challenges faced by children and young people with special educational need and their families
- experience of providing a service to a diverse range of stakeholders to promote inclusivity and access for all
The role will offer hybrid working this will include working from home as well as from Birmingham office.
An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence using the English Language is required by Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016
You must upload a Supporting Statement via the attachments part of your application.
If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered.
Feel free to attached your CV as an additional document to Supporting Statement.
Closing date 26th November 2023 at 23.59
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing or in person at the Birmingham Office. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information.
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Julie Davey via email Julie.Davey@birmingham.gov.uk
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken.
Previous Applicants need not apply.
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed.
Job Description and Person Specification