Term Time Only
37 Hours per week
Band I (17-20) £29,439 to £32,020 per annum pro rata
(plus April 2023 pay award pending)
Actual salary: £24,672 to £26,951 per annum
(plus April 2023 pay award pending)
From December 2023 or January 2024
Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust comprises two schools, Kenilworth School and Sixth Form and The Westwood Academy, Coventry. The vacancy will be based at Kenilworth School and Sixth Form. This is an exciting time to join us as in September the school moved into a newly built, bespoke school on Glasshouse Lane, Kenilworth.
• The postholder’s role is to advance pupils’ learning in a range of classroom settings, including working with individuals, small groups or short term, for whole classes. This involves undertaking specified work involving planning, preparing and delivering learning activities, monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting on pupil development, progress and attainment.
The Assistant SENDCO will support the work of a qualified teacher and, under an agreed system of supervision, have responsibility for agreed learning activities.
This involves undertaking specified work involving planning, preparing and delivering learning activities to individual pupils/groups and monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting on pupil development, progress and attainment.
Our on-going aim and commitment is to support students to achieve their full potential.
Key areas of the role will include:
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
• Co-ordinate provision for children with SEN.
• Liaise with the relevant designated teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN.
• Advise on graduated approach to the provide Additional SEN Support.
• Ensure that the records of all children with SEN are kept up to date.
• Liaise with parents of children with SEN.
• Liaise with early years providers and secondary schools, educational psychologists, health, social care and independent or voluntary bodies who may be providing SEN support and advice to a child and their family.
• Act a key point of contact with external agencies and support services.
• Liaise with potential next providers of education to ensure a young person and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned.
• Establish and maintain effective and supportive relations with pupils, parents/carers.
• Ideally holds HLTA status, by meeting the national professional standards for higher level teaching assistance (HLTA status has equivalents to NVQ level 4). HND, or a willingness to undertake the qualification.
• Have considerable experience of working to support children/pupils learning.
• Good communication and listening skills and able to present information, verbally and in writing.
• Able to take responsibility for an area of learning/development.
• Able to exercise initiative and independent action.
• Able to adapt teaching styles to the needs of groups of individual pupils.
• First Aid trained, or a willingness to undertake a First Aid qualification.
This is a term time only role, with the expectation that the postholder attends inset days and appropriate training events (for additional reimbursement) and the working hours are:
Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm (with an unpaid 30-minute lunch-break)
Please visit Vacancies - Kenilworth School (ksn.org.uk) to download a job description, person specification and an application form.
Please email your application to Deena Perry, HR Manager at: D.Perry@kssf.kmat.org.uk
Please note, we cannot accept a CV as an application.
Closing date: Monday, 27 November 2023 at 9am
Kenilworth Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates will therefore undertake an enhanced DBS check.