1:1 Teaching Assistant
31.25 Hours per week Term time only + 5 Days (TED) Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:15pm
Scale 1 (SCP 1-4)
Required from January 2024, Fixed term
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, hard-working and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly team at St Oswald’s CE Primary School.
The Governing Body of St Oswald’s CE Primary School is seeking to appoint a temporary teaching assistant to support an individual pupil with Special Educational Needs Year 1 and also work with small groups. The successful candidate will be expected to provide specific support for an individual pupil, working alongside the classroom teacher to deliver programmes of learning. Experience of working as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant is required. Applicants should state any further areas of expertise they may be able to bring to the role. This role will initially be required from January 2024.
St Oswald’s CE Primary School is a friendly, caring school. We deliver an excellent, exciting education within a happy, caring and supportive environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work with delightful children as part of a dedicated and inspired staff team.
The duties and responsibilities allocated to the post will be based on the skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications of the individual appointed, this post is being offered as a TA 1 pay scale post. The contract is fixed term and will end when the named child leaves the school.
The successful candidates will:
- Be a good classroom practitioner
- Be sensitive to the needs of individual learners
- Be enthusiastic and determined to make learning fun
- Have experience of leading individualised learning
- Be passionate about good teaching and learning
- Have good English and Maths skills
- Be responsible and resourceful
- Have relevant qualifications
- Be committed to raising the level of achievement for all pupils, regardless of economic background or other need
- Have a positive, cheerful attitude
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Be able to reflect the values of our Church school
We can offer:
- opportunity for individualised CPD and other training
- a caring, committed, friendly and hard-working staff
- happy, well-behaved, enthusiastic and motivated pupils who are proud of their school and enjoy learning
- a supportive Local Academy Board
St Oswald’s Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, two positive references, medical clearance and evidence of appropriate qualifications.
For further information please contact the school office on 01562 751056 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are actively encouraged and can be arranged by telephoning the school.
Online applications are to be made through My New Term on the link below:
Closing date for applications: 9:00 am Monday 27th November 2023
Interviews to take place on: Interviews will take place on Friday 1st December 2023