Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire, ST2 8LG
9:00am, 3rd Dec 2023
8 April 2024
Week commencing the 11th of Dec
Manor Hall Academy Trust is seeking an exceptional and dynamic individual to take on the role of Head of School at Manor Abbey Free School, a brand new Special Educational Needs School catering to students aged 11-16 with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Difficulties.
As the Head of School, you will play a crucial role in the day-to-day leadership and management of the school, working closely with the Executive Headteacher to shape a vibrant, successful, and innovative learning environment. Manor Abbey Free School is scheduled to open its doors in September 2024 in Abbey Hulton, Stoke, with a planned intake of 30 pupils in year 7 and 8, growing to a total capacity of 70 places over the next two years.
- Provide day-to-day management of the school, ensuring a positive and supportive learning environment.
- Collaborate with the Executive Headteacher in the strategic development of the school.
- Lead, inspire, and support staff to deliver the highest standards of education and pastoral care.
- Foster a creative and solution-focused approach to address the unique needs of students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health Difficulties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role, ideally within a SEMH or special educational needs setting.
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic thinking with hands-on operational management.
- Creative and solution-focused with a track record of driving positive change.
- Emotional resilience to lead by example in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Successful applicants will be directly accountable to the Executive Headteacher.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to visit Loxley Hall school as part of the selection process – this an essential part of the selection process.
- Manor Abbey Free School is part of Manor Hall Academy Trust, which comprises 15 special schools and PRUs.
- Trustees of the academy are committed to honest self-evaluation and continual improvement.
Visits to Loxley Hall School as a prerequisite for applications is essential.
Manor Hall Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
To apply please follow this link;
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide