CATERING SUPERVISOR (ASSISTANT COOK)
Grade 4, Point 5 - 6 (£23,500 - £23,893 per annum approx whole year) Actual salary £13,578 - £13,805 per annum approx. depending on years’ service
25 hrs per week, Monday – Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm, Term time only (38 pupil weeks, plus 3 days when students are not in school)
Start Date: January 2024
Ridgeway Primary Academy has an excellent reputation and provides a lively and creative environment in which to work. We gained ‘Good’ in our most recent Ofsted inspection and we are a founding member of Primitas Learning Partnership, a new Multi Academy Trust which seeks to make a positive difference in the local community.
Our school is committed to providing an excellent catering service. We are a large successful primary school serving over 200 lunches each day. We also provide lunches and teas for our on-site nursery.
We are looking to appoint a Catering Supervisor as an Assistant Cook to support our Catering Manager with preparing, cooking, and creating suitable menus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual passionate about catering to develop their leadership experience within a professional kitchen environment, supported and guided by our dedicated catering management team.
The role is a term time only post with some additional holiday hours cooking for the Nursery by negotiation.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 1 and 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2 or equivalent
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
What are we looking for?
- Candidates must be willing to perform all duties set by the CMC Consultant/Business Manager and be flexible as hours may be altered to suit the service needs
- You will be motivated by a passion for quality coupled with the highest standards in food production, presentation and service.
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of creating and cooking healthy delicious meals
- Effective communication skills with an emphasis on customer care are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team.
- The applicant must be able to prove a meticulous understanding of all Food Safety systems and IT skills are essential for this position as data inputting in included within the role.
What you will get in return
- We are committed to ensuring or employees feel valued, appreciated and the heart of what we do. We have a number of core benefits which include:
- A competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Competitive pension scheme (local government pension scheme)
- Access to free gym membership
- Option to join a healthcare plan at a reduced rate.
For more information and to visit the school please call Diane Chalkley on 07791 282802
Ridgeway Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, references and an online search will be carried out. You will also be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK, evidence of your qualifications and suitable references.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 1st December 2023, 9.00 am
INTERVIEWS: Week commencing 4th December 2023
To apply for a post, please complete the application form and equality and diversity monitoring form and return to Mrs Debbie Westwood, either by post or email firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will not be accepted.
If you would like any further information regarding the Academy, please visit our website at www.ridgeway.staffs.sch.uk
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a ‘disclosure’ check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service