Term time - Teaching Assistant
Salary: NJC Point 3-4 (dependant on experience)-FTE £22,737-23,114 (Actual Salary £17,178-17,463
Hours: 32.50 hours per week - Term Time
Start Date : ASAP
Bishop Lonsale CE Primary Academy
Shaws Lane, Eccleshall, Stafford, ST21 6AU
Bishop Lonsdale C of E Primary Academy (part of St Chad’s Academies Trust) is a vibrant and forward-thinking academy with a supportive staff team who are driven to secure the happiness and very best for all children. We are proud to work with and support the children, staff, and academy family with our motto of 'Believe, Achieve, Inspire'. We are a successful and oversubscribed school, judged to be Good by Ofsted in June 2019 and are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dynamic, adaptable, and skilled teaching assistant to join this growing academy. Our fantastic children have a love of learning and deserve the best.
We are seeking:
- An effective teaching assistant who can support to deliver fulfilling education creating a stimulating environment, which fosters equality of opportunity for all.
- A creative teaching assistant to deliver and tailor the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability of children.
- A professional practitioner to work in collaboration and partnerships with children, parents/carers, external agencies and as part of a team with our academy staff.
- A diligent individual to proactively promote and safeguard the welfare of children.
- A person who will support and promote our Christian ethos and values.
To work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. Provide specific support to the teacher in the care of pupils and management of the classroom. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
* Qualified to Level 3 childcare related qualification (NCFE CACHE, City & Guilds, Level 3 Diploma, TLevel or BTEC).
* Resilient and able to overcome difficult situations.
* Confident interacting with a wide range of personalities.
* Able to work independently and confidently with children and young people of primary ages.
* Able to use their initiative and take on additional responsibilities as and when necessary
* A personable and caring individual who is committed to providing excellence to children in their care.
*Provide feedback to pupils and teachers in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc.
* Experience of working in the classroom and delivering individual or small group interventions.
- Happy, confident, and considerate children with a thirst for learning and high standard of behaviour.
- A caring Christian ethos within our family orientated school, where each individual is valued and nurtured.
- A committed and talented staff team with s supportive SLT and Local Academy Committee.
If you are a highly effective and enthusiastic teaching assistant, with a positive attitude, who would be interested in joining our caring Church of England academy, then we would really like to hear from you.
Extra Discounts Scheme
For further information and an application pack please contact the Academy Business Manager Tracey Peace on firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are welcome.
Closing date/Shortlisting for application – Wednesday 06th December 2023
Interviews will be held on – Monday 11th December 2023
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with other relevant pre-employment checks and safeguarding policies will be sent to you upon receipt of your application.
Safeguarding | Bishop Lonsdale CofE Academy
St Chad’s Academies Trust is committed and working towards equal opportunity in employment.