We have a great opportunity available for a Planning Officer.
The post-holder will:
• Contribute to the preparation of the Local Plan.
• Contribute to the development of planning policy across various topic areas.
• Provide planning policy advice to internal and external partners, developers, and the public.
The post-holder should be;
• Educated to degree level in a subject that would enable progression to a post-graduate qualification in spatial planning & membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
• Aware of planning policy and spatial planning matters with experience preferable but not essential.
• Computer literate.
The closing date is 7th December 2023 with interviews anticipated around 8th January 2024.
For an informal discussion, please contact Patricia McCullagh on 0121 569 4229 or Email email@example.com
37 hours per week
The council operates hybrid working. This involves working from an agreed workplace location in the borough for at least two days a week.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants