Executive Headteacher - Abigail Rourke
Reginald Mitchell Primary School is seeking to appoint 2 x enthusiastic and experienced temporary Teaching assistants for a number of roles.
- 1 x full time (term time) Teaching Assistant to work within our KS2 team from December 2023 This is a full-time grade 4 post with PPA cover paid at grade 7 (at least 3.25 hrs per week.) This post has the opportunity to become permanent.
- 1 x full time (term time) Teaching Assistant to work within our KS2 team from December 2023 This is a full-time grade 4 post with PPA cover paid at grade 7 (at least 6.50 hrs per week.) This is a maternity cover post.
You must be experienced in working with primary aged children in a school setting and would ideally hold a level 3 qualification or equivalent.
You will need to demonstrate:
• Your ability to work as part of a very enthusiastic team
• Commitment, flexibility and energy
• Excellent behavioral management skills
• A knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment
• To be willing to undertake suitable training for your own professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
• supporting the teacher in the development and implementation of intervention programs
• assisting in maintaining classroom discipline through the implementation of the school’s behavior management strategies
• providing support to pupils to achieve learning goals e.g., leading guided reading and other small group work.
• supervising pupils for a particular curriculum activity under the guidance of a qualified teacher
• assisting the teacher with the planning of learning activities
• assisting with the day-to-day routines of a classroom
• assisting the teacher in monitoring pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
• Planning and Leading curriculum lessons to cover PPA sessions.
The closing date for these posts will be 12.00pm Wednesday 29th November and interviews will take place on Monday 4th December.
Visits to the school are highly recommended. Please contact the school office to make an appointment on email@example.com or 01782 973835
“This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide