Actual salary: £8,196 - £8,809
15 hours per week. With the possibility of further hours being awarded.
Required to start as soon as possible. This post will be offered on a permanent contract. Term time only.
The Governors of Our Lady & St Benedict are looking to appoint an experienced SEN Support Assistant to work alongside committed staff teams, parents and other agencies. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified and dynamic teaching assistant to support our lively and fun-loving child to play a full and active role in school life, remain healthy and achieve academic potential on a 1:1 basis. Knowledge of supporting children with additional needs in learning, communication and language, physical and sensory processing would be advantageous.
Our new SEN Support Assistant will:
- Be committed to actively upholding the catholic ethos of our school
- Be a good and better practitioner, committed to raising standards
- Be creative, imaginative and innovative
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement, attainment and behaviour
- Be a strong team player
- Have good communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Be involved in planning and preparing engaging provision
We can offer you:
- Welcoming and friendly schools with well-motivated, happy children.
- Dedicated and committed team members
- A supportive Governing Body
- A strong commitment to your professional development including training relevant to the role
- A positive environment in which to develop your own ideas and initiatives
- The opportunity to work with a range of therapists and professionals in both a mainstream and specialist setting
There will be an option for the successful candidate to add an additional 5 hours lunchtime supervisor duties if required.
The post will be offered on a Catholic Education Service Contract. Our Lady & St Benedict are part of The Newman Catholic Collegiate. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to DBS disclosure.
Application forms are available to download from the school website www.ourladyandstbenedict.co.uk
Dates for interviews to be confirmed.
No applications will be accepted after 12pm on Friday 1st December 2023. Please return completed application packs to Kerry Howard, Academy Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org