THE STREETLY ACADEMY
Queslett Road East
Tel: 0121-353 2709
Fax: 0121-353 0212
SIXTH FORM LEARNING MENTOR AND PASTORAL SUPPORT
Date posted: Wednesday 15 November 2023
Closing date: Sunday 26 November 2023
Start Date: January 2024
Salary: NJC scale 12-22
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: term Time plus 4 days – 37 hours per week. Actual pay £23,060 - £27,374 pa
Do you want to make a difference to the next generation? This is an exciting and diverse role which provides the opportunity to work as part of a small team, supporting the academic achievement of post 16 students to help them fulfil their potential.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts
We are looking for;
- A qualified and enthusiastic individual to motivate, inspire and coach others to achieve.
- An individual able to work under their own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience or a willingness to work with young people
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- A good listener and a sense of humour
- An individual with a continued commitment to their own professional development.
Full details of this vacancy and relevant application forms are available via our website at: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-streetly-academy-1000660 Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Sunday 26th November 2023. Interviews to be held week commencing Monday 4 December 2023
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are each subject to an Enhanced DBS check and prohibition from teaching check.