Level 6 salary points 12 to 17 £26,421 - £28,770
(pro rata term time only + 5 days) 37 hours per week
Actual salary £22,994 - £25,038
We require an unapologetically passionate and dedicated person who sees the potential in ALL children and who wants to make a difference in the lives of children. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding colleague to join our academy as a Head of Year.
The role of a Year Manager is to lead on all matters involving inclusion of a year group, including the welfare and behaviour of students, to contribute to an ethos within the year group where all students are valued and encouraged to develop both educationally and personally.
- Be the first point of contact for students and parents over any inclusion issue
- Maintain good standards of attendance in the designated year group (at least national average)
- Monitor and track the behaviour of an identified year group
- Keep accurate data and records to support behaviour management and for quality assurance of behaviour management strategies
- Liaise with external agencies as appropriate
- Follow and implement behaviour systems
- Run behaviour interventions
- Contribute to the enrichment programme
- Implement restorative justice
- Contribute to the running of internal exclusion when required.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the Academy
For an informal discussion regarding posts, please contact: Marianne Goodwin 01782 882300.
If you feel this job is for you, your completed application should be received by 9 am Thursday 30th November 2023. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via a letter of application (no more than two sides of A4) and the completed application forms Part A and Part B.
Please Note – We do not accept CV’s
Closing date: by 9 am Thursday 30th November 2023.
Interviews to take place w/b: 4th December 2023
The Co-operative Academies Trust, as an aware employer, is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection, and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf.
Co-op Academies Trust is a working name of The Co-operative Academies Trust which is a multi-academy trust.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide