Learning Cover Supervisor
NJC Scale 6, points 18-22
32.5 hours per week, term time only + 5 days
We are looking for a Learning Cover Supervisor to provide stability and continuity for students whose lessons are affected through short-term teaching staff absence and to provide support to teaching staff and students within a Faculty.
The essential attributes are:
- Common sense and a desire to see young people learn;
- The ability to relate to young people;
- A commitment to professional development;
- The self-confidence to support students in a classroom environment on your own;
- A minimum qualification of degree level, in any discipline;
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities.
Birchensale Middle School can offer:
- Hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve.
- A supportive school as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression.
- Significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the Bordesley Multi Academy Trust.
- The opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders.
Bordesley MAT offer a staff wellbeing package, including EAP, Salary Sacrifice Schemes for electric cars and bikes, discounted local gym membership, financial advise and will writing service.
Please visit the TES portal for further information and instructions on how to complete your application; https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/-1950678
Closing Date: Friday 24 November (12.00noon)
Only applications submitted via the TES portal will be considered. CVs and open references are not acceptable. The successful candidate must meet the person specification in full in order to be offered the post. Bordesley MAT is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and criminal background check via the disclosure procedures. Also as per The Department for Education Statutory guidance, in accordance with the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” legislation latest version that came into effect on 1st September 2022, shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence.
Bordesley MAT is committed to the protection, safety and welfare of its pupils and staff and we aim for the highest standards in safeguarding procedures. We expect all staff to share and promote this commitment.