Salary £22,449 raising to £23,248 upon completion of probationary period and mandatory training
40 hours per week, with some occasional evening and weekend work
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people. We are proud of our history of providing fostering, children's homes and innovative leaving care services across the UK & Isle of Man. We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We provide positive life experiences for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental or foster home.
We are an equal-opportunity employer keen to develop an inclusive workforce where people feel they belong. We hope to attract applications from under- represented groups, including people from different cultures, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religions, faith, sex, orientation, childcare responsibilities, and gender-diverse identities.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Fostering Support Worker working closely with the supervising social workers, local authorities and other professionals to support foster placements.
The role will involve:
Applicants should have:
- Planning and implementing appropriate activities to meet the individual needs of looked after children
- Running support groups, both for looked after children and birth children
- Providing support sessions during the day, evenings or weekends
- Transporting young people to activities and appointments and supervising family contact sessions
In Return we offer:
- Experience of working with children and young people in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience of administrative work including data entry and report writing
- Ability to work with challenging behaviour and resolve conflict
- Ability to maintain personal and professional boundaries
- Good communication and administrative skills and the ability to build and sustain sound professional relationships
- Salary £22,449 per year, raising to £23,248 upon completion of probationary period and mandatory training.
- Competitive pay and reward structure offering salary progression based on performance.
- Tailored career development plan through our “St Christopher’s Academy”.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the role might be filled before the stated closing date.