We have an exciting opportunity to join our team within adult services. You will have the opportunity to make the difference to a person’s life, to help them to develop their independence and skills, to maximise their potential.
The successful candidate needs to:
- Manage and develop staff skills, training and practice on a day-to-day basis. This is a large team of staff who work to provide support to people in the community.
- Have significant experience of working within Health and Social Care services and supervising staff.
- Be able to respond to difficult situations when working under pressure and make appropriate decisions and be able to deal with other people facing difficult situations.
- Have an awareness of fundamental standards and guidelines.
- Be able to work in a constructive way and implement policies and procedures.
- Support the delivery of the service priorities and targets.
Essential requirements for the role:
- NVQ L 2 or above In Health and Social care or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of the Sandwell area and public transport.
- Good communication, planning & organisation skills.
- A flexible approach.
For an informal discussion, please contact Samantha Barnsley 0121 569 4467.
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for applicants