THE STREETLY ACADEMY
Queslett Road East
Tel: 0121-353 2709
Fax: 0121-353 0212
Teacher of Girls PE, The Streetly Academy
Date posted: Thursday 16th November 2023
Closing date: Sunday 26th November 2023
Start Date: Summer Term / April 2024
Contract Term: Permanent
Contract Type: - Full Time
Do you love Physical Education and want to share your passion with a new generation? Are you an outstanding teacher looking for a new opportunity? Then this could be the role you are looking for.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE, Sport and the Arts. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Paralympic values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our Teaching School and nationally accredited training programs
- Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
- A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
- A large and successful sixth form
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
- A qualified and enthusiastic team player with a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life for your students
- Experience of teaching across a full range of age groups, up to and including GCSE and BTEC Sport would be advantageous
- A teacher who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- A teacher dedicated to providing a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities for students in keeping with our school ethos
- A teacher who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
- The experience of teaching examination PE courses would be an advantage.
Applications are welcomed from both newly qualified and experienced teachers. The successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department. For ECTs, we provide our highly successful ECT programme where you will train alongside other ECTs. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of teaching. Every member of staff receives the opportunity to complete full Level 1 TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme) training course for 3 days.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please visit our website at: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-streetly-academy-1000660 Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Sunday 26th November 2023. Interviews to be held week commencing 4th December 2023