Joseph Leckie Academy
LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE MANAGER (Librarian)
Salary: £24,020 - 28,339 actual salary pro rata (Grade 6, SCP 15-23)
Term Time Only (Plus 5 INSET Days)
37 hours per week Monday to Friday (8.00am – 4.00pm and 3.30 on Friday)
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, motivated and forward thinking Learning Resource Centre Manager (Librarian) as part of Administrative and Curriculum Support Team. We wish to appoint someone who is a motivated and independent person who is committed to provide support for our students within the Learning Resource Centre to inspire and support students in independent learning and develop their Literacy skills to become successful learners. The successful person will work alongside a variety of teaching and support staff, Heads of Faculty/Subjects to provide a wide range of resources, literacy programmes and intervention support to students from Year 7 through to Post 16 students. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference to the lives of our students. We offer excellent support and thorough induction programme to guide the successful applicant whether they are new to the role or experienced in running a library and working with students.
Joseph Leckie Academy is a vibrant, exciting and innovative mixed 11-18 Converter Academy with an overall progress score of +0.46 (2019) and +0.35 (2022), and which continues to be positive despite the more recent impacts of Covid with +0.07 in 2023. With our excellent results and being graded as “Good” across all areas by Ofsted (October 2021) and our continual desire and drive to continue moving forward, this is an exciting time for you to join our team. Since 2017, the Academy has remained as one of the top non-selective secondary school for progress in Walsall based on validated results and is one of the highest performing schools in the region for student progress.
In our last Ofsted inspection in 2021, we were judged to be good in all categories and for overall effectiveness with some excellent feedback across all subjects and our Pastoral Care as can be seen below in some of their comments:
“We pride ourselves on our high expectations of all learners. This creates a calm learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn as was clearly supported by the feedback from Ofsted. We offer a highly supportive environment and are committed to ensuring outstanding teaching, behaviour, progress and achievement. Staff are proud to work in our Academy.”
Ofsted further commented that: “Pupils are proud of their school. Their attendance and punctuality are good. Pupils are safe. The school is calm and purposeful, and disruption to learning is rare. Few pupils underachieve and most flourish. Pupils of all abilities are enthusiastic learners who enjoy their learning.”
“We have an ambitious curriculum, mapped in detail and a curriculum that is broad and deep, including the two year Key Stage 3. Students study a wide range of subjects at Key Stage 4 and there are plans to develop this further to support their next stage in education or employment and training. Leaders know what knowledge students should be taught and have sequenced learning well so students learn content in the right order and teachers and support staff work very well to and go the extra mile to support and improve students learning. All students are well prepared to go on to higher education or employment and training.”
We are an expanding Academy with numbers growing, now well over 1500 and continuing to be over- subscribed at Key stage 3 and in our large Sixth form and so this is an ideal opportunity and an exciting time for you to join our team as a permanent member as we continue to expand and grow and there will excellent opportunities for you and this role to grow and develop further.
There are also possibilities and opportunities for the successful candidate to add to our wider curriculum needs and/or to enhance our enrichment opportunities for students in a variety of areas such as: Literacy, numeracy, SEMH skills and other subject support beyond the curriculum and social and skill based activities to broaden their experiences and opportunities. There are excellent opportunities for staff to thrive and develop further at the Academy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding candidate to join our dynamic team at the forefront of change and to make a real difference to our drive to continue to raise standards across the Academy. If you believe that you have the skills and abilities to take on this role, we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you: -
- Friendly and supportive staff across the Academy
- Excellent support and professional development opportunities, including the opportunity to train and develop further relevant qualifications and experiences in relation to role
- An excellent in-house professional development programme for all staff.
- A high focus on staff well-being with staff social events, staff swimming, badminton, well-being counsellor, well-being co-ordinator for staff, monthly staff breakfasts, employee assistance scheme and much more…
- A well-established and experienced team of administrative and support staff as well as supportive staff across the Academy.
- A new Resource Centre in one of our newest buildings.
- Excellent resources, facilities and technology in the Resource Centre and across the Academy.
- An Academy at the forefront of change with high standards and an ambitious desire to better the lives of our students and wider community
The successful candidate should:
- have at least 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths at Level 4 (Grade C) or above and A levels in English or equivalent and/or higher relevant qualifications would be advantageous
- have some experience of working with students in a school in particular
- have knowledge and experience of the National Curriculum and subjects in Secondary subjects and Post 16
- have a passion for learning and working with children to support them in their learning across a range of subjects and topics
- be able to work independently and manage own time to arrive on time
- have the ability to motivate, inspire and go the extra mile for our students
- have the ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in learning and develop students wider understanding of the world around them and the skills they will need in the future
- be able to inspire students and get the best from them
- be positive, enthusiastic and resilient
- be an effective team member
- have a clear understanding of supporting teaching and learning
- have highly developed inter – personal skills, communication and excellent ICT skills including Office 365
- be able to work effectively with students, staff and parents,
- have a clear understanding of the importance of Safeguarding and equal opportunities
- meet the job specification criteria
The specific details of the role are included within the job description and person specification. Please ensure that you address these within your letter of application*.
Please complete an application form which can be obtained from Mrs Samantha Richards or our website. *You can either attach a letter or complete your letter within the application form, but please ensure you see the Job description and person specification and address this in your letter/application and what skills, knowledge and expertise you would bring to this Learning Centre Manager role.
Further details and an application form can be obtained from Mrs Samantha Richards or our website: https://www.josephleckieacademy.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29th November 2023
Joseph Leckie Academy is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.