About Wyre Forest District Council
Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit people living in the area. The District is a mix of urban rural, market and riverside town communities covering 195 square kilometres. The three main towns of Kidderminster, Bewdley and Stourport-on-Severn and several surrounding villages including Arley, Rock, Chaddesley Corbett and Wolverley make up the district. Over 100,000 people live here and you can help shape our district’s future as part of our 390 strong workforce that strives to make a difference in making sure the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
Working for us:
At Wyre Forest District Council, people depend on us – every day we provide essential services across the district which make a real difference to residences’ lives. That’s why we need people we can depend on too, who can perform well within a challenging social and economic environment. We value our employees and aim to create a positive, progressive and open work culture that supports everyone to thrive. We focus on supporting your physical, financial and emotional wellbeing so working for us you can expect to enjoy a range of learning and development opportunities designed to enhance you in your role and our excellent benefits package includes:-
- a competitive salary
- an excellent local government pension scheme
- favourable holiday entitlements with an option to purchase additional annual leave
- flexible working options, hybrid working is part of our culture
- Regular job-specific training
- Discounted gym and swim membership
- Health and wellbeing support with an optional health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Scheme including access to counselling services
- Employee discounts with a range of companies
- Kaarp discount scheme which provides employee discounts on days out and holidays
If you have ambition for yourself and this district, thrive on challenges and getting results, share our values and strive to make others feel valued, then we want to hear from you.
Leading a team of Housing Advice Assistants you will support the council in providing an excellent triage service to potentially homeless people and assisting people to access social housing through the Housing Register. We are looking for someone with knowledge of providing tailored advice and assistance and with line management skills.
In particular the job will include;
- Providing a proactive Housing Options and statutory homeless service
- Undertaking a full range of professional duties with an emphasis is on providing good customer service, addressing need, preventing homelessness, sustaining tenancies, and maximising income whilst achieving greater service efficiencies
- Overseeing the operation of the housing register and nominations to social housing stock through the Home Choice Plus choice based letting system
- The successful candidate should have experience of working in customer facing roles and a minimum of 5 GCSE including Maths and English and educated to A level standard or equivalent
- This is a full time position at 37 hours per week.
- We adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Appointment to this post is subject to satisfactory clearance of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- You may be required to provide a suitable vehicle in connection with the duties of this post.
This job includes duties that may require a substantial amount of physical effort and mobility on a frequent basis.
- Flexible approach to working hours, able to work outside normal office hours if necessary, including a requirement to be available for evening meetings
- To undertake the homeless out of hours function on a rota basis
- Appointment is usually at the bottom of the salary band with annual increments until the top of the scale is reached
- Wyre Forest District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Role Profile senior housing advice officer.pdf