Hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
St Paul's Catholic Primary School
Telephone number: 0121 464 1546
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required for Spring Term 2024 (earlier start is available)
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School is a thriving and vibrant one-form entry primary school in its community. Being a fully inclusive school, we value every individual and the contributions they make. We want our children to experience the pleasure of achieving personal academic successes, linked to a strong sense of morality and fairness, based on the teachings of Jesus Christ within our Christian faith. At the school’s last Section 48 inspection, St Paul’s was judged to be a ‘Good Catholic school.’ Our most recent Ofsted Inspection judged it as a ‘Good School’, in November 2021.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Early Years teacher to join our happy, friendly, and supportive team on permanent basis in 2024. The successful candidate will share our values as a Catholic community and be committed to school improvement.
The successful candidate will:
• be fully supportive of our Catholic ethos and will be passionate about Catholic education
• have a desire and a passion to work with primary aged children
• have an excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum, and particularly the Early Years curriculum
• have an excellent understanding of pedagogy; how children learn and retain knowledge
• be creative and devoted to providing children with rich learning experiences
• have excellent teaching, organisation, and communication skills
• have good interpersonal skills, able to work effectively as a team member with colleagues, parents, and governors
• be committed to developing the whole child
• challenge pupils of all abilities and be committed to raising standards
• have a strong commitment to their own learning and professional development
We warmly welcome and encourage applicants to visit our school and to speak to the principal about the role. School visits are available Monday 20 November at 4pm and Friday 24 November at 2pm. If you cannot make these appointments, separate visits may be able to be arranged by contacting the school office on 0121 464 1546.
Closing date: 1 December 2023, 9:00am
Further information and an application pack are available from the Lumen Christi website or by contacting the school office via: email@example.com
Interviews: Wednesday 6 December 2023
Please submit completed application forms via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.