Directorate: City Director
Grade: National Minimum Wage
Salary: £5.28 per hour
This advert is open to both Internal and External applicants.
This is a fixed term post for 12 months.
Stoke on Trent City Council’s Jobs, Enterprise and Training Service (JET) supports unemployed local residents to obtain sustainable employment, training and/or education.
Role Overview: Stoke-on-Trent City Council are seeking a highly motivated and organised individual to join our Jobs, Enterprise and Training team as a Level 3 Apprentice Administrator.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their career in administration within a local government setting.
The successful candidate will work closely with our experienced team to provide essential administrative support to front line staff.
• Assist in the day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the office.
• Provide support in managing documentation, filing, and data entry accurately and efficiently.
• Handle incoming calls, emails, and inquiries, directing them to the appropriate team members.
• Assist in scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings, and workshops.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
• Collaborate with the team to create reports and other documents as needed.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of administrative processes and procedures. Qualifications and attributes:
• Minimum GCSE grade 4 or above in Maths and English.
• Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
For an informal discussion about this vacancy please contact Chris Wakefield, Operations Manager via e-mail: Christopher.email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that if an employee who is currently at risk of redundancy within the organisation applies for this vacancy their application will receive priority. If this happens you will be advised accordingly.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Stoke-on-Trent City Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this – we therefore encourage applications from all sections of our community. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed together.
To Apply - please visit our website https://webrecruitment.stoke.gov.uk/wrl/ If you have any queries or want an application form in another format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01782 238189.