Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Arthur Terry School
Telephone number: 0121 323 2221
Email address: email@example.com
Start date: as soon as possible
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing 6 secondary schools, 14 primary schools, 1 all-through school, a Teaching School Hub, and School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider. Our schools are based in North Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, North Warwickshire and Coventry.
A vacancy for a Teacher of MFL has arisen within our Multi Academy Trust. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding practitioner to join the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership, based at the Arthur Terry School, in Sutton Coldfield.
The successful candidate must be able to inspire and develop students through their teaching and knowledge of the curriculum, hold a creative approach to their lesson delivery as well as being confident in strategies to enable all students to make or exceed their levels of progress. We welcome applications from teachers who are committed to developing their own pedagogy and who are keen to work in a vibrant and inspiring faculty.
What you will need to succeed
• to share our passion for wanting the very best for our students and schools
• to be committed to keeping our students safe
• be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with the natural ability to inspire and motivate
• be an outstanding teacher
• be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• the passion and commitment to work in a fast paced, challenging yet always rewarding role
What you will get in return
• professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we invest in your development through training, mentoring and progression opportunities across our schools and Teaching School Hub
• the opportunity to join our team of leading education experts and propel your career to the next level
• a competitive salary
• an Employee Assistance Programme and employee benefits package
• competitive pension scheme (Teachers Pension Scheme)
• Professional Development and Wellbeing Days
Closing Date: 30 November 2023, 9.00am
To arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Gemma Reade, Core Leader for MFL, on 0121 323 2221 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack please visit our website
Completed applications should include an application form and a letter of application no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining ‘what skills and experience you have that make you suitable for the role’.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form. Please read our safeguarding policy prior to applying to work in our organisation
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.