Henley-in Arden C of E Primary School contains a Special Resource Provision (SRP) to support
children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. The governors are seeking to
appoint a SEND Specialist Teacher to teach within this SRP, Henley in Arden CE Primary School, and support its children with SEMH needs. You will work with staff, parents and other professionals to improve the
outcomes and life chances for children and their families. The SRP opened in October 2021 and
currently has 12 children - the maximum capacity of 14 children is expected to be reached in January
Essential criteria for the successful candidate are:
- QTS status
- Recent experience of teaching in a mainstream school
- Up to date knowledge of Local Authority and National expectations for SEND including 2014
SEND Code of Practice including knowledge of EHCPs and their implementation
We are looking for an individual who is:
- An exceptional practitioner who can develop and maintain working relationships with
families (parents/carers, children/young people) enabling them to use their own strengths
and skills to bring about change without creating dependency.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with high expectations for all learners
- Committed to equal opportunities and securing good outcomes for all pupils
- Approachable, positive and committed to working with the whole school community
For a full list of the role’s responsibilities and the requirements for a successful candidate, please
read the attached job description and person specification.
Visits to the SRP and the school are strongly recommended to allow you to find out more about
the role. Please contact Faye Lidgate-Taylor on 01564 792766 to arrange a convenient time.
Please ensure that your application form is returned to school by 4.00pm on Friday 1st December.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11/12/23.
Applications can be posted to the school at the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Mrs K Adcock, Headteacher
Henley in Arden Church of England Primary School,
Henley in Arden,
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children and expects
all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to posts will be subject to
enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and references.