If you have a strong knowledge of public transport and active travel and you are looking for a varied role where you will work collaboratively with stakeholders and local authorities, then this may be the perfect role for you.
The Travel Behaviour Change team develops and implements a regional Travel Behaviour Change programme working in close collaboration with critical stakeholders at a local, regional, and national level to build a resilient transport network and deliver the benefits of the Local Transport Plan, to the region. The Behaviour Change programme consists of a matrix of initiatives designed to avoid, shift, and improve travel habits, categorized by communications, engagement, or physical participation in a Behaviour Change activity throughout the region. Across all functions the objective is to influence travel behaviour and provide effective mitigation to the challenges of disruption and achieve our net zero and physical activity targets.
Our Team are looking for a Travel Behaviour Specialist to develop and deliver initiatives to improve our travel habits. This is a varied role where you will engage with an array of businesses, event venues, colleges and universities to promote and incentivise the use of public transport and offer bespoke travel advice in regard to planned and unplanned travel disruption. You will be part of a team of 6 that are involved with travel communications and engagement related to several high-profile infrastructure delivery projects, including delivery of a portfolio of active travel initiatives.
This is a multifaceted role where you will be part of a dynamic team that are passionate about making a positive change for the region. We need someone who has strong presentation skills, is a good communicator and enjoys networking with people from all walks of life.
What you will be doing
- Ensure the organisation understands community movement needs as it relates to travel for work, education, leisure and other activities.
- Develop and deliver activities and events which market the use of active travel and public transport.
- Supporting the wider organisational response during periods of disruption caused by construction projects, loss of modal capacity or severe weather.
- Develop innovative resources as well as providing advice and support for engaging a diverse range of people who live, work or travel in the West Midlands.
- Support participants, organisations, institutions and local authorities when needed in the consultation, planning and delivery of travel plans and safe walking and cycling routes.
- Manage project reporting schedules.
- Maintain up to date records of activities delivered.
- Prepare and send timely responses to customer relations enquiries.
- Partnership working within a community-based or environmental project and/or experience of delivering a behaviour change project.
- Experience of delivering multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, challenges and initiatives relating to the West Midlands.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, manage multiple priorities, make effective decisions and stay calm under pressure.
- Experience of using data and analysis to inform travel behaviour change projects and the role of automation and online portals in tracking change at scale, such as via Modeshift and Love to Ride.
Creating an Inclusive Workplace.
West Midlands Combined Authority is dedicated to creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that reflects the communities of the West Midlands region. We recognise that certain groups, such as women and people of colour, may be less likely to apply for roles if they feel they do not meet all the requirements. However, we encourage individuals who are passionate about the role and want to make a difference to still apply. We value potential and encourage applicants to highlight their skills, including transferable ones, even if they don't fit the traditional "perfect candidate" mould.
How to apply.
To apply for a position, we require applicants to upload an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement that demonstrates how they meet the essential criteria for the role. To ensure fairness and impartiality, our application process is designed to be anonymised. We ask that all applicants remove their name and avoid referencing protected characteristics, such as gender or age, when submitting their CV and supporting statement.
We advertise salary ranges for job roles, with new appointments typically starting at the lowest salary point. However, in exceptional cases where higher skill levels or experience are applicable, the salary point may be adjusted to secure the best candidate. This approach allows for potential year-on-year salary increases, offering progression and appropriate rewards to employees.
Our vision is to create a better connected, more prosperous, fairer, greener, and healthier region. We aim to achieve this vision by living our values, which include being a partnership organisation, valuing and respecting our people, fostering a can-do attitude, and encouraging innovation. WMCA holds diversity accreditations, such as "Leaders in Diversity," and has been recognised as one of the Inclusive Top 50 Employers and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. We are also a Disability Confident Employer, committed to interviewing all applicants with disabilities who meet the essential role criteria. WMCA believes that building a team with varied backgrounds and experiences will benefit us as an employer and enhance our work.
WMCA operates a hybrid way of working, which involves a combination of office-based work and remote work. This approach allows for flexibility and adaptability to meet individual needs and preferences. We understand that not everyone can benefit from this way of working, and so we also promote flexible working options whenever possible to support work-life balance. We gladly consider part-time, flexible, and job share arrangements, so please don't let these factors deter you from applying. If your values align with ours and you are dedicated to working towards a future, we can all be proud of, we would love to hear from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative methods for the online application process, please reach out to our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to assist and accommodate your needs.
Thank you for considering joining our team at WMCA. We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to work together towards our shared goals.
Job Description - Travel Behaviour Specialist.pdf