About Us and the Role
Do you enjoy talking to people and finding out what they do?
Do you like finding solutions to problems? Then a career as a Business Analyst maybe for you.
Business Analysts help businesses become more efficient by analysing and improving their processes. Business Analysts are sometimes known as Business Improvement Managers
As a business analyst at Warwickshire County Council you will:
- Get a good understanding of many of the Councils functions from Social Care to
- Education, Highways to Fire and Rescue
- Analyse the processes and collect relevant data and information on them
- Study the data to find problems that are preventing the efficient running of the business
- Look for ways to improve the processes
- Work with the appropriate departments and managers to implement the
- You will work as a team alongside other Business Analysts and Project Managers
- As an apprentice you will develop the skills and knowledge to help deliver business
- improvements and benefits
You will need to:
- be comfortable talking to people and ask them questions
- be nosey and want to understand exactly what they do
- think logically but also be creative with solutions
- be able to work as part of a team with a variety of different people
- have a keen eye for detail
- enjoy breaking tasks down into easy to follow simple steps
Once you have completed your apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to continue your career progressing eventually to a Senior Business Analyst Team Leader role or higher management within WCC.
Please see Job Description for further details.
We are offering apprenticeships in Business Improvements at Level 3 or 4 depending on your capabilities.
IP L4 Flyer.indd (intecbusinesscolleges.co.uk)
Click here for details of the college course.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required. You must be able to speak and provide advice in accurate spoken English to the public.
These are the benefits we offer including agile working, enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government, and a generous annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays and an additional day at Christmas.
For further information about the role please contact Jane Tarver Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday 30th November 2023
Interview Date: W/C 11th December 2023
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact email@example.com and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council (WCC) is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce, this is because we really understand the importance of different voices, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds within our workforce. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. WCC has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for employees who hold these and other identities. See more.