Curriculum Area Learning Supervisor vacancies – To start 8th January 2024. These are permanent term-time only positions. – The actual starting salary is £20,749
Working hours are Mon-Thurs 8:30-4:30 pm and Fri 8:30-4:00 pm (part-time hours may be considered)
Hednesford Valley High School is looking to appoint Curriculum Area Learning Supervisors to join our highly motivated support staff team at Hednesford Valley High School. These roles involve working under the direction of teaching members of staff to support in the classroom and produce resources. You will also be required to run an after-school club. These roles would suit someone with an education or a care home background.
Hednesford Valley High School is a generic Special School set in Cannock Chase, an Area of Outstanding National Beauty. We educate students on two sites, with years 7-11 at our main site and our Sixth Form is set in a dedicated building at Cannock Chase High School. We have amazing students with a range of learning needs, who are supported by dedicated staff with a passion for transforming the lives of our students. If you join our team, you will be part of a school where students love to learn, and staff love to teach. We truly are a family. This is not just a statement; our data supports this. Our attendance and positive behaviour are above national data and we have just received amazing feedback from our recent parent/carer questionnaire.
We require a flexible and creative individual who:-
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- Has NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or recognised equivalent qualification or willing to gain the qualification.
- Has excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers and professionals.
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Can act as Cover Supervisor during the absence of teaching staff.
- Will be involved in supporting students with their personal care and medical needs e.g. enteral feeding, administering medication and suction if required – training will be given.
- Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students in a special school.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with others.
- This role can require you to work across the school/sites with other student groups if required.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. The selected candidate will also have social media checks. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
To apply for this position please download and complete the application form below and email back to email@example.com. Please read the application which is available to download on school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk/vacancies If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or would like to arrange a visit to school to discuss the role, please contact Louise Fox on 01543 423714.
Closing date for applications: 10:00 am on Monday 4th December 2023 however should we receive a large number applications the advert may close before the deadline.
Interview: 13th December 2023
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone or email if possible.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide