- To organise and manage the daily running of the Learning Intervention Centre (LINC).
- To organise supervision of students.
- To collate work for students prior to attending.
- To liaise with relevant staff to ensure the LINC functions are at high academic and behavioural standards.
- To manage support staff assigned.
- To organise students’ attendance.
- To implement interventions, including reflection and restorative work.
- To liaise with parents and carers about progress and work completed.
- To organise student reintegration into main school.
- To work with staff and students to develop strategies for students when returning to lessons.
- To assign mental health and wellbeing support if required.
- To complete all paperwork and record keeping.
- To record data on students.
- To update Bromcom or CPOMS records as required.
- To assess the productiveness of interventions and restorative practice.
- To support in the organisation of managed moves.
- To report to other schools about the progress of their students at Walsall Academy’s LINC.
- To maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour and to uphold the Nolan Principles.
School Term Time Role
Days/Hours: Monday-Thursday 8.15am-5.00pm | Friday 8.15am-3.45pm
200 days worked per year (190 term time days, plus 5 term time PD Days, plus 5 additional days in negotiation with the Line Manager)
Walsall Academy is committed to safeguarding our students and all posts will require enhanced DBS check and standard pre-employment checks. Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KSSiE) for an additional pre-employment check with effect 1 September 2022, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.
For further information, please contact Walsall Academy on 01922 493 910, or visit the website at https://walsallacademy.com/career-opportunities/ to view and download further details.